What You Need to Know About Opioid Treatment
Opioid addiction is serious and withdrawal can be severe. But drug and behavioral therapy can treat opioid addiction successfully. This newly revised and updated pamphlet provides an overview of the medicines used to treat opioid addiction, what they are and how they work. Also available in Spanish.
- Explains that methadone, buprenorphine and naltrexone are prescription drugs meant to be taken under a doctor’s care
- Indicates that naloxone and naltrexone can be used in emergencies to treat opioid overdose
- Describes how these medicines work to treat addiction to heroin and other opioids
- Answers questions about opioid treatment and pregnancy
- Discusses the dangers of abusing opioid treatment medicine
©Reviewed 2019 ETR Associates.
All rights reserved. It is a violation of U.S. copyright law to reproduce any portion of this publication
Title No. 452
Image posted with permission.