Marijuana and your Teen Brain
Marijuana is now legal in some jurisdictions. These new laws might make some people wonder whether marijuana is safe to use. But just because it’s legal, doesn’t mean it’s safe. This is especially true for young people. Using marijuana at a young age and for long periods of time may lead to serious problems because of marijuana’s effects on brain development. This pamphlet:
- Explains that the human brain grows and develops until the mid-20s
- Provides an overvide of how marijuana negatively impacts brain development
- Discusses learning challenges and the risk of addiction and mental health problems
- Addresses the notion that marijuana is safe because it’s natural
- Notes that using marijuana makes it unsafe to drive
©2018 ETR Associates.
All rights reserved. It is a violation of U.S. copyright law to reproduce any portion of this publication
Title No. 635
Image posted with permission.